Monday, September 7, 2009

It's always good when he's sleeping...

Sometimes, life is good when he's sleeping. Life is still good when he's awake, but it can sometimes be crazy!!!



Yesterday was a day when we were glad to have the little one sleeping because while he was awake he...

-threw some tantrums,
-got into some extra strength Tylenol and popped one in his mouth (Thankfully I got him to spit it out seconds later. A day in the ER would not have been fun.),
-was loud, loud, LOUD in church,
-threw a fit when I left him in nursery (I've decided a little "tough love" is the way to go with this kid. The nursery leaders are good to calm him down, but yesterday he wore a dramatic scowl all through singing time. I wish I was tall enough to peek through the windows and see it!), and
-fell off the couch, crashing heads with Brandon.

Like I said, a little crazy. Naps can be such a relief for all of us. And we get a good laugh when we walk in and see him sleeping like this:



Yes, he's sleeping. There's a binky being sucked under that book, and his feet are dangling out of the bars. Let's be honest, he probably was kicking the wall seconds before passing out. :)

9 comments:

Erin said...

Ah the joys of kids sometimes, huh?! That is pretty funny how he fell asleep with the book on his face and his feet out of the crib. I agree, a nap for the little ones (and sometimes yourself) is good for everyone!

Lauren said...

Nap time is time for regrouping for sure. Now that I work in the afternoon, I don't get time to do other things while Sydney is sleeping. Oh well! I love the pic with the book on his head.

TulsaT said...

What a great post. He's a doll

Kristi said...

Funny Reg! He always keeps us amused!

Kacy said...

Naps are the best!!! If it makes you feel any better I couldn't hear Reggie over Hailey's screams on Sunday..haha. :)

Charisse said...

So cute! Does he not sleep with any blankets? My kids both still sleep with their baby blankets and can't sleep without them!

mommaj said...

As my mom used to say "Take a nap, I'm tired!" Thanks for the nice sleepover on Tuesday. It was fun watching him while you went to the doctor--he was very good.

alanna said...

Hilarious Em! Love those day. :)

Such a cute picture too!

Meridy said...

I love that last pic! So funny!