Thanks for all the well wishes friends! If you didn't notice the button on the side, I'm due March 29, 2010.
As far as this pregnancy goes, things have been the same and different than the first time around. First off, I was sick. Sick, sick, sick. I don't remember being sick with Reggie (and I'm pretty sure I haven't blocked it out of my mind), but I spent many a morning/afternoon/night hugging the toilet during the first trimester. Thankfully that let up around 11 weeks. I don't think I could have lasted much longer.
I started showing sooo much earlier. I expected that, but I didn't think my pants wouldn't fit at 8 weeks. It was depressing, and still too hot to bust out the maternity jeans, so I lounged around in sweats, pajamas, and anything else elastic. Thankfully, I'm not wearing Brandon's basketball shorts yet, but I'm sure those days are coming. :)
I started feeling the baby move at 15 weeks. I think with Reggie it was more like 18. It's reassuring to feel it poking around in there, especially because it always wants to hide when the doctor busts out the dopler.
I'm craving syrup like I did with Reggie. Thanks so much to Eggo for making waffles that I can easily toast and eat in a manner of seconds. Not craving Mike and Ike's so much this time around though. My hips ache like with Reggie, and I'm starting to get those dang leg cramps. Time to start buying Gatorade since I'm not a huge fan of bananas.
We find out the gender on November 5. Sometimes I think it's another boy, other times I think it's a girl. We're excited to see!
14 comments:
I'm so excited to know if you guys are having a boy or a girl!!!
I know I'm a little late, but congratulations! We need to see a pic of the cute belly. =) Glad you're feeling better.
So glad to hear you are over the barfies. Reggie and the new baby will be the exact age difference of Blake and Ashley. It's a lot of fun because they play so well together.
Are you going to have a repeat C-section or VBAC? Hope you continue to feel better!
Glad you are feeling better. I can't wait to hear what you are having!
Yay for pregnancy (and for getting away from that yucky first tri). I'm betting since you were sicker this time, it'll be a girl:)
Whatever, you look adorable and you're so little. You look really healthy, we are excited beyond words! We will love a girl or a boy, but a girl would even up the score some on the Johansson side. Brothers would be cute, but if you have a girl they can go dressed like each other on Twins day-Brandon and Brittnie did. Britt spent her first year in high school being told she looked like Brandon in a wig--so on Twins say--Brandon put on a wig. It made for a great picture!
I'm glad to hear that you aren't sick anymore. That sounds awful! So is this baby really active (or is it too early to decide?) He/she will have to have some energy to keep up with Reggie!
Congratulations! I forgot to reply on the first post. We feel scared to get pregnant again because of all the uncertainty of graduation, job search, etc. but I guess it will all be fine. I hope it's a girl--but I'm a little biased.
Sorry about being so sick those first months! Ugh, I know what that is like! I got better acquainted with our Villa Maria/Heritage Court toilet than I ever hoped to be during James' pregnancy. That was when I chopped off my own hair. I'm glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the waffles. :)
March 29th is a great day to have a baby--it's Anna's birthday. :) I really hope you're having a boy for total selfish reasons; I think it would be so much fun to have all these little boy cousins around the same age. Girls are much more fun to shop for though, so really, either way I'll be happy for you. Yeah! Sorry about the leg cramps!
You did NOT get sick with Reg. I remember. Sorry you were sick with this one-it is no fun to be sick when you have a toddler running around. Elinor got really good at imitating puking sounds. Gross, I know, but true. Glad you're feeling better. By the way, the second C-section is SO much easier than the first one!
We should have an Eggo waffle party together! I never ate them before this pregnancy and now buy them in bulk at Costco!
Congratulations!!!! This is so exciting. I'm glad you are feeling better!!!!
Post a Comment