Imagine there's a cute picture of Miss Penny here. I'll edit the post later and add a pic once Brandon's computer is home. :)
Little Pen Pen, as Brandon and Reggie like to call her, has been here for a month and one day. How did the time go by so fast? And I don't even feel like I can blame a lack of sleep for the blur of the last month because really, I've been getting ok sleep most nights.
The "dark" days of newborn-ness have been so different this time around. With Reggie, I was feeling isolated, sleep deprived, over-whelmed, and had a case of baby blues. This time around I'm feeling like the only "dark" part of my day is when I'm literally sitting in the dark nursing my baby and helping her fall back asleep. It's been good.
Penny came out a champion eater and has pretty much continued the trend. But boy-howdy you had better be burping her all through a feeding and for quite a bit afterwards, otherwise everything she ate is going to come up with fury. I think we've all gotten sprayed. Brandon likes that after it happens Reggie says "uh oh".
Penny has also proven to be a fabulous sleeper. We even had a night last week where she slept from 9:30 to 4:45. She typically is up only once a night around 3 and lets me get back to bed in a fairly short amount of time--although last night's hour and a half of being awake after eating and pooping all over everything was a different story.
She's got two doctor's appointments this week, and I'm sure they'll weigh her at one of them, so expect stats a bit later. I'm thinking she's around 10 pounds based on the number of rolls on her thighs, shoulders, and neck. :)
But we're doing good. Loving Penny. And counting down to graduation.
8 comments:
It was good to get caught up. Sounds like you are doing well. She is such a beautiful little girl. Can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks!
Sounds like things are going so well! You give me hope that life bigger kids and a newborn is possible!
I'm so happy for you, Emily! I'm trying to imagine that picture of Miss Penny. I hope Brandon's computer makes it home soon!
I've been meaning to call you and see how everything is going. So glad to hear this update. Penny sounds awesome. I'm glad things are better this time around.
Can't wait to see more pictures!
I always worry about you new momma's. glad to hear things are MUCH better than last time.
I just can't wait to meet "little Pen Pen". We're glad to hear that she is doing so well!
That is so awesome that Penny is sleeping so well this early on! Hope you guys are doing great!
I'm jealous that Penny is sleeping so well! But I guess I can't complain about my baby too much since Daddy's the one up with her.
Post a Comment