Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Comment Generator

The last post generated a lot of comments. And really, I like comments. :) I've gone back to a good ol' pen and paper so the whole blogging for journaling purposes has kind of fallen by the wayside for me, so I need some sort of external motivation. And comments are just that. ;)

And here's another one that I'm hoping will produce.

Potty training.

Still doing it. Still hating it. Still praying every night in family prayer, Brandon and my prayer, and personal prayer that he will poop the next day in the toilet.

In general, we have had a recent success. Little Reg is now tall enough to stand up--if you know what I mean. This has been fabulous because he now can take himself without any help from mom (except the occasional clothes on backwards problem). He does, however, demand a treat everytime. Thank you Halloween for providing me with new potty snacks. And thank you Lysol for providing a quick clean up, cuz my toilets are kind of suffering as he hones this newfound skill.

So if you want to join in with us in praying for #2 success or have advice/sympathy about an almost 4 year old who will not do the business in the lou, send it my way.

And I know some mom's swear they're the curse of Satan when it comes to toilet training, but thank you Pull-Ups for getting us through the summer and early fall. Baby #3 and I did not do well with messy underpants.

9 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

No WAY!!! Congratulations on number 3!! That was a sly announcement -- and how cool that I am the first to comment...I think:)
Sorry, I've got no help on the potty training front as I'm in absolute denial that I even have to do the deed. Next week is THE week, Charlie has decided (with some talk from me).
Good luck with the lou, and congrats on #3!!!!

mommaj said...

That may be the ONE thing I don't miss about being a mom with little ones. . . there could be more--that's the only one I can think of now. We are excited beyond belief about baby #3, boy oh boy if you know what I mean! Glad you went public, I almost blew it a lot! :)

Shelly Cunningham said...

I took us six full months to go from beginning to pooping on the toilet every time. Logan didn't want to do that on the toilet, so he would hide and do it in his pants. Finally in February we had success when I started giving Jack chocolate candy every time he pooped on the toilet. That is where having a twin came in handy!

Shelly Cunningham said...

*It took us a full...

Erin said...

You sure did sneak that in so slyly at the end! I had to read it over a couple of times to make sure that what I thought you were saying was really what you were saying! So exciting, congrats! A sure way to generate comments indeed! Hope your feeling well and good luck with the pooping. With some kids it just seems to take longer then others. I'm not sure what it is or what makes it click but Myer seems to do a whole lot better in that area then Kenner does. I still sometimes have issues with Kenner having little accidents in his pants. So, I'm not sure what the magic solution is. Good luck!

Kristi said...

We have already directed a few prayers your way for potty training. I don't know how you have stayed sane! Wish we had advice but whatever we have, we got from you! Good luck!

Becky said...

We are so excited for you!! We had to give Jacob a blessing to help him with potty training. So I feel your pain. I hope it gets better.

Mari said...

You are a sly announcer! :) I have no help for you in the potty training realm. I just casually suggest Logan use the potty whenever he tells me he's going pee pee and then I let him flush for me when I go. I'm hoping for the osmosis method I guess...? We're not even close to that part of life yet.

candkbrinck said...

Hey cousin! Congratulations on the third! That is so exciting and we're very happy for you :) I have yet to get my two-year old potty trained, but a friend gave some advice that worked for her little boy. She said to put him on the toilet backwards so they could see what was going on and wouldn't be so nervous about it. I don't know...but it's what she told me. Good luck!