Time for one of these again!
Reading: The New Testament. Only 100 pages left and then my goal of reading all four standard works in 2011 will be complete!
Looking forward to: Christmas. Duh. And the day Reggie does you know what in the potty every single time. But I think I have already mentioned that.
Stressing about: Nothing really. I do have to play the piano for a little children's choir in church in a few weeks, and not having a piano makes practicing kind of impossible. So that's kind of stressful. But I wouldn't say I'm super stressed about it because really, no one is listening to the pianist when a bunch of kids dressed in their Christmas best are singing about the birth of Jesus.
Craving: Oh. Too many things to list. But number one right now would be Chinese food or a Banzai Burger from Red Robin.
Wanting: Too get into a house before baby brother shows up. Have I mentioned that little Johansson #3 is a boy?
Proud of myself for: Getting Christmas decorations out. We're about 75% decorated. Considering that I thought about only putting up the tree this year because we could be moving in January, I would say 75% is pretty good. Hopefully by Monday we'll be 100% done with all decorations out and ready to spread cheer. :)
Wearing: Maternity jeans, socks with holes, and a long sleeve T-shirt from Old Navy that I got matchy matchy with my date for a high school dance. Typical "it's almost laundry day" wear. :)
Avoiding: Cleaning off the bookshelf to put up 10% more of the decorations. The fancy, no touch ones. But in my defense (if you can call it that), Baby Jesus lost an arm last year in a tragic fall, and the arm has been sitting on our microwave all year. So I've avoided fixing that. And I can't put out the nicer Nativity because of the missing arm.
Sick of: Waiting on Bank of America. I shake my fist at short sales. And yet, I need to be grateful because we will be getting a pretty sweet house and lot if this one goes through.
Learning: To make it through the day with no nap for my tired, pregnant self.
Suffering from: Hip pain because I crash on the couch as soon as our kiddos hit the hay.
Struggling with: The leftover crankiness from our bout of flu this past week. When Reggie is sick, he's whiny. When Pen is sick, she's mean. Watch out for Reggie's baby voice and screams as well as Pen's dagger fingernails and kicking feet. I've gone insane on the inside and been bloodied on the outside.
Overcoming: My impulse to keep getting Christmas presents for the kiddos.
Hoping to: See a favorable number on the scale at my next doctor's appointment. I hate the weight gain part of pregnancy. I've even been doing Zumba to try and get some exercise in my day. And I'm sure I look totally attractive doing it! :)
Excited for: Baby brother to make his appearance. But not before March 23rd-ish. We've got a house to get into, a 2nd birthday for P to celebrate, and I need a few more months of deep sleep before I go back into newborn survival mode. But all the pictures of new babies on friend's blogs sure make me excited for another bundle to snuggle!
Relieved by: My fabulous hubby. He knows when I'm about to lose it and sends me out with the girls even though he has been sick himself. He knows I like a day off from cooking and gives me a day off every Saturday. He knows I'm tired and lets me snore away all night long. He takes the kids every Sunday during church on their walk/water fountain run so I can sit and listen. And lots more. Love him!
Splurging on: Hot chocolate. Yeah, I know it's not the healthiest choice when I'm sitting here complaining about weight gain, but I love it because it makes the baby nuts-o. Almost every night I drink it, and ten minutes later he's dancing around in my belly. Gotta enjoy those lighter movements before he gets so big that all his rolling around and stretching hurts!
Your turn! What are you currently doing?
2 comments:
I love your "currently" lists. And I had no idea you were pregnant. Congratulations! And good luck on the house buying. I hope you get everything you want and before baby boy comes!
Good job, well done, hope everyone is their happy-smiley selves soon.
Post a Comment