Monday, December 5, 2011

Let's Talk about Baby Brother


Funny picture, right?  It's not current--I was actually pregnant with Reggie, and who knows exactly what I was doing since I wasn't sick a day with him.  But it looks too authentic to be posed.  Like I said, who knows?

But here are some details about Baby Brother.  He has no name, thus we call him Baby Brother.  We're having a hard time coming up with something.  Brandon likes Frank.  Or Frederick.  I hope he's kidding.

He should be arriving sometime late March.  I need to actually ask my doctor when my due date is.  I guess I'm feeling a little more laid back this time around. 

I felt him move for the first time around 18 weeks.  I felt Reggie around the same time, but P was a bit earlier at 15 weeks. 

Reggie gets the concept that there is a baby in my belly.  Penny doesn't.  She'll talk about Baby Brother, but if you ask where he is, she points at the wall.  Every time.  It's kind of funny.

And more seriously, in the beginning, we didn't know if we would get to keep him.  I was having some issues, to put things politely, and since I was so early, it was hard to exactly pinpoint what the problem was.  After a blood draw with low numbers I even got the dreaded "Maybe you're not as far along as you thought."  I haven't known anyone who's gotten good news after that statement.  But miraculously, I did.  Yes, I had to take "the yellow pill of death" since my body wasn't producing the right amount of hormones.  Yes, it was a blow to the ol' pocket book.  And yes, it made me so so sick.  But we made it.  And even though I still wouldn't say that I just love pregnancy, I will say that the experience has made me so much more grateful for my body and it's ability to bring children into the world.  And especially for Baby Brother.

3 comments:

mommaj said...

Oh Emm, I am sooo glad you got to keep him, we are very excited to meet this new little guy--we will even love him if you name him Frank or Freddie--I hope he's kidding too! Penny is a hooot, seriously--the wall!

Jenn said...

K, the picture is hilarious! I am so glad the baby tuck around, I can't imagine how stressful that must have been. Best of luck on the rest of the pregnancy!

Kacy said...

I just caught up reading your blog. You have done so well posting, you are awesome!