I like to craft. I do. But I also like to sleep. Or read. Or be with my hubby watching shows like "Gold Rush" and "Terra Nova" (can you tell who controls the remote at our house?). And sometimes the thought of getting stuff out to craft overwhelms me so much that I just can't get past it.
Therefore, I like quick crafts. Minimal mess crafts. Don't ever expect me to make a queen sized, patched quilt and then hand stitch it. No way.
But last year, I found the blog of a high school classmate. Cassie is a crafter on a much bigger scale than me, but she also has projects that are quick, simple, and inexpensive. You can find her lovely blog at A Serenade for Solitude.
Her garland from last Christmas was something I loved, and I finally got around to making this year. I bought enough felt to make it for the tree, but settled on something just long enough to drape across our fireplace mantle, cuz like I said, I like to sleep and all my tracing, cutting, and sewing was being done from 9-10 at night. Although really, it only took two nights to get it done...(Oh, and eventually I'd like to add more length, but I figured shorter was better since there are four curious, little hands at my house.)
It's cheery. I like it. And it's my kind of craft.
2 comments:
It turned out so cute! I can't wait to get mine up on my tree. :) Thanks for the mention!
It turned out really cute. Sorry to hear their is sickness at your house! Call if you need reinforcements!
Post a Comment