Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Currently--The Pregnant and Moving Edition

Reading: When I have time, I'm reading Mrs. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  On my Kindle that I got for Christmas.  And it's a library book.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I can check out library books on that thing.  I haven't bought a single book yet because I can just get it at the ol' librario.

Looking forward to: Oh this list is big.  Getting the house painted--happening this weekend/next week!  Getting the house new carpet--happening next Wednesday!  Getting out of this place--happening a week from Saturday!  Getting this place all cleaned and handed back over to our landlord--happening the 29th!  Getting a "new" minivan--happening sometime soon!  And getting this baby out of me--countdown says 36 more days MAX!

Stressing about: I really could take the list I just made and copy it right here.  Yikes!  It's a lot to do for my waddling self, especially with two other kids in tow.

Craving: Food has lost it's joy.  My stomach can only get so full and then it's uncomfortable.

Wanting: Sleep.  Time alone with my hubby.  A magic fairy that will come pack us up, move us over, and clean.  :)

Proud of myself for: Holding it mostly together everyday.  Somehow things are getting done.  Somehow my to do list has checks by items at the end of the day.  It's a small miracle.

Wearing: Sweats and Brandon's t-shirt.  It's laundry day people--don't judge.  At least they are my sweats and not his.  :)

Avoiding: Potty training P.  Oh yes.  Little girl throws a big to do when she needs to poop, and she wants to get on the potty to do it.  Has she been successful?  Yes.  Am I motivated to do some serious training?  No. 

Sick of: Nasal congestion.  Bleeding gums.  Hot flashes.  All sorts of pregnancy symptoms that should disappear upon Baby Brother's eviction.

Learning: To let others help.  And really, to help A LOT!  My kids have been babysat by all sorts of new people during the day so I could get stuff done, we've borrowed supplies for all our projects from new neighbors, and you better believe we'll have a crew of Brandon's buddies helping us move everything over next weekend.  I'm pretty much useless, and Brandon is only one man.  We've needed help and have been blessed to have so many offer.

Suffering from: Insomnia.  And moronic neighbors who felt the need to blast soft rock until 11 last night.  And they would have kept going, except Brandon banged on their door, window, and rang the doorbell until he could get them to answer the door and asked that they turn it off.  And I won't mention the nasty smell of our bathroom from their smoking habit that leaks in from our shared wall.

Struggling with: The idea that there is going to be another kid to take care of--a newborn no less--in five weeks.  I can't wrap my head around it.

Overcoming: Bad parenting habits.  Go read 123 Magic by Dr. Phelan.  And then take the emotion out of discipline.  Easier said than done, but I'm finding his advice and tactics to be effective.

Hoping to: Survive the next 5 weeks!

Excited for: The next 5 weeks!  We're busy.  We're stressed.  We're throwing down loads of money at Lowe's.  But it's so exciting.  We've dreamed of this since we first got married!  I think our master suite is nearly the size of our first apartment.  We're blessed.

Relieved by: Monday nights.  That's "my" time.  The kids go to bed.  Brandon checks out at 9.  And I give myself until 10:30 to just be by myself.  I don't know why, but this is sacred to me.  Maybe it's because no one is pulling me in a hundred different directions, and I just get to do whatever I feel like--which is usually just watch TV or surf around the internet.  But it helps my sanity, and I look forward to it every week.

Splurging on: Um....There is no splurging.  We've got a mortgage!  We're going to have a car payment for the first time in our entire marriage.  And we've got hospital bills coming.  Splurging is so 2011.  Maybe it can come back in 2013.

7 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

I loved this. Especially the parenting advice book- gonna have to look into that.
I also liked your "splurging was so 2011"... We are in the same boat!
Thinking of you as you cross everything off your to-do list & welcome #3!

Bart and Krista said...

Can't wait to see your new place in pics!

Laura said...

Loved this post. Good luck with everything!

alanna said...

Love the update Em! I'll being praying for you guys the next few weeks. So exciting! :)

Kristi said...

You guys certainly have a lot on your plate. I'm impressed that you are so still enjoying things and are excited about the next bit of craziness that is all yours to enjoy. Just think- all this just counts down to the new baby! Is that supposed to be your break?! We are certainly excited (and praying) for you guys!

shayne said...

I read that book and enjoyed it! It was different than your typical love triangle that yous always finding. I highly recommend The Thin Executioner.

Kelli Burton said...

yikes!! you're gonna make it happen though, might not be pretty but everything on that to do list is gonna happen.