Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Forgot

I was looking through old pictures just now--pictures from when Reggie and Penny were little newborns.  And it was truly a trip down memory lane.  I had forgotten...

How little a "big" 8 and half pounder looks in the car seat.



And not to mention how huge those paci's look in that little mouth.



How attractive this guy looks with a baby in his arms.


 

That newborns are best bathed in the bathroom sink.





That postpartum sucks.  But is liveable.  Oh wait.  I didn't forget that postpartum sucks.  I am MORE than ready to get this bambino out.  Sign me up for his eviction.  I'm ready to do whatever to get him out.  But every time I think about those first six weeks, I just think, "I will not survive."  I definitely forgot the part that I will, in fact, survive it.  And there will be reasons to smile during it.  Lots of reasons in fact.  I might need to look at this picture a few more times in the next three weeks to remember, but there is the proof.


That those moments when the older sibling asks to hold the new baby are both precious and terrifying.  I'm hoping Reggie will take to the baby fine.  I'm guessing he'll act out emotionally, but will generally leave the baby alone.  But P.  Yikes.  I told my mom and dad that Penny will either love the baby to death or hate the baby to death.  Either way, baby brother's fate doesn't look good.  

And that two kids in diapers is A LOT of diapers.  And even if they are matchy matchy cute in Target's polka dot numbers, it's still a lot of diapers.  


Baby brother should be showing up sometime in the next 3-ish weeks.  And every way I try to spin it, I can't figure out anyway to get myself to "Hunger Games" on opening day.  :)

4 comments:

mommaj said...

Oh Em, can't wait to meet the little guy and can't wait to come play grandma with the other two. And when I say play . . . that's what I mean!

Kelli Burton said...

you look absolutely gorgeous holding that new born baby!

good luck Em!

Kristi said...

Well said, as always. We are excited for this little guy to be here! Feel free to send P to us- I doubt she can do much to Connor!

Kacy said...

Wow your due date is coming up so fast! It's so cute to see Reggie when he was a little toddler. I remember thinking our kids were "big" back then...crazy.