I could update y'all on a thousand things. For example, I could tell you about all the painting we've done. Basically every Saturday has been about painting since we moved in. Brandon and I are looking forward to a break!
I could tell you about buying a new couch and getting the pool fence installed. The couch is a lot more comfy than the camp chairs we had been sitting in and the fence gives me a whole lot of peace of mind.
I could tell you about buying a "van car" and having to fix the Camry. That week we said goodbye to the money we had put away for a dining room table. It was kind of sad.
I could tell you about how the "first grandma" is coming on Wednesday!
And I could tell you about how I had my last prenatal appointment for this pregnancy this morning. Somehow I had lost weight. I'm thinking I was just wearing lighter clothes, but that's one way to make a REALLY pregnant person feel good. I could tell you about all the people at church (ok, not all, just a few particular ones) that keep asking me if I'm overdue yet. No, not overdue. Not having twins. Have you seen my husband? He's a big guy.
And I could tell you about how the doctor is evicting this baby on Thursday. Hallelujah!
But instead of going into more details than that quick update, I'm going to tell you that is it Sweet P's birthday.
Oh man. We love this little lady. And today she is two (although she will tell you she is three).
She is a cheese ball. She is a fireball. She loves bubbles, balloons, her baby doll, and books. She wants to eat her cereal every morning from my bowl and with my spoon and will wait until I'm done so she can do just that. She likes to hold my hand. But she also likes to be independent. She freaks out if you buckle her in her carseat without letting her try first. She LOVES fruit snacks. And licorice. And gum. She likes to hold things in the grocery cart while we make our way through the store and the whole time reminds me "Don't open it." When she's sad or if her mouth hurts, she wants to snuggle and suck her binky.
She does pretty well with babysitters and friends. She likes to talk about all of Reggie's friends and says she misses them when they go home after a playdate. She LOVES to sing. Her favorites are "If You're Happy and You Know It," "Itsy Bitsy Spider," and "I Love to See the Temple". She usually skips around in the temple song, but always gets "A 'pwace' of 'wuv' and 'booty'". And really, she takes requests, so she'll sing just about whatever you ask her to.
The past week I took her to her first library story time where she wasn't just the little sister tagging along in the older class. She sat there and listened and participated and did so well. They tell me that in nursery she is the one who says "Now it's snack time," "Now it's song time," and "Now it's lesson time." She knows her ABC's and can probably count to 15 better than Reggie can. Tagging along in playschool has definitely worn off! She also sometimes gets it in her mind that she is going to poop on the potty. It's pretty fabulous!
I know in the future, she and I will butt heads. Heck, we butt heads now. But she really is the sweetest little thing, and I sure love her.
7 comments:
She is a beauty and has certainly stole her grandfather's heart! She absolutely melts me--I love that she is a woman with an opinion and has her father wrapped around her cute little finger. Happy Birthday sweet girl--can't wait to see you on Wednesday!
Hey its Tyson. Happy birthday Penny. She is pretty cute. Good luck this week.
happy birthday! Your post really made me laugh!
Happy birthday Penny! Hope you had a fun day! Cant believe you are already two!
Penny is just precious! And I can't wait to hear all about little brother on Thursday! Good luck with everything!!!
Wow, she is one smart cookie. Happy birthday to your little one!
Good luck with this week Emily. We're thinking of you. Happy Birthday Miss P! Enjoy being an older sister.
Post a Comment