Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pictures--And Lots of Them

Me and blogger are not getting along today, so we will see how this goes.  I'm also trying to keep Reggie occupied for his quiet time without the usual quiet time distractions--they've all been moved.  

But without further excuses, here is the house.  I wanted to do some before and after shots, but the before shots for the bedrooms that we painted and carpeted never happened.  Oops. 

Anyways, enjoy all the pictures!  :)

Here's the entryway/living room.

The couch is a Johansson hand me down.  The drapes came with the house.  


Looking from the front door, you can see the living room/dining room.















The red is not staying.  It's pretty horrendous--think the color of ketchup.  In the end, we'll be painting it like a greenish/bluish color.  You can see a patch of it on the dining room wall, but you can't really tell what color it is.



Off the dining room is the kitchen.  The counters are something called corian.  It's a solid surface like granite, but not granite.  I'm just glad the sink is also corian so I don't have to deal with water spots anymore.

 

The family room.  Can you tell where we've been "living" while people have worked on things?



The view of the kitchen/family room from the stairs.  I'll show you the backyard at the end.  :)



Now from here it could be confusing.  Behind the kitchen and off the entryway is another hallway.  You can see the stairs that are off the family room in this picture.

 

The doors closest to P are actually closet doors.  The door you can see on the same wall as her hand is actually a downstairs bedroom.  It has a full bathroom off it.  You can also access the bathroom from the other hall by the stairs.  And I didn't take a picture of the bathroom itself, but you get the idea.

 

Across from that bathroom is the laundry room and an entrance to the garage.



And one more picture before we go upstairs.  This is the room under the stairs.  When we first saw the house, Reggie declared this room to be his.  We'll probably end up putting food storage in here because it can't go outside in the heat--unless you want to air condition the garage.

 

Up the stairs.


So if you got to the top of the stairs and looked straight down the hall you would see this:


If you stood at the top of the stairs and looked left you would see this:

 

Down that way by P is the kid's bathroom (that I couldn't get to flip).


And a bedroom.  This will eventually be P's room once she is out of the crib.


And Reggie's room.  This thing is monstrous.  Like we could fit all our children in here.  Like the carpet people were in shock when they saw how much they would be ripping out/laying.


So that's what's off to the left of the stairs.  At the very end of the hall when you look straight down from the top of the stairs is this bedroom.  P's going to be here until baby brother kicks here out in about 4 or 5 months.


And here's another shot of the same bedroom.  It's nice and close to the master.


And now the master.


For now, the baby will be in here with us.  I think the three of us will survive.


Some of the master bathroom.


Some of the master closet.


And that completes our tour of the interior.

Back downstairs.  Remember the two doors off the kitchen?  Those lead to the backyard.  Here's my two chickadees when I told them they had to stay inside behind the door while I took pictures of the backyard.


The pool.  This is on the right side of the yard as you look out from the doors.  It needs a fence ASAP.  I do feel a little better because my dad installed child locks at the top of the doors that lead out to the backyard.  It's serious hardware that the kids can't reach or jiggle free.


Another view of the pool.  Someday I'm sticking a fire pit back there so I can eat s'mores until I'm sick.


And the #1 reason Brandon loved this house.  The rest of the yard.  This is nearly unheard of in Vegas.  Either you have a yard or you have a pool.  Not both.  We'll eventually sod it, but for now it's just rocks.


And I'm not going to show any exterior pictures.  My blog is public after all.  

We move in TOMORROW!  I'm so excited!

16 comments:

Brooke said...

your house is AMAZING! your room is huge. i'm sure you will love it. have fun fixing it up and making it yours. good luck with your new babe as well.

Sam Warren said...

That is an awesome house!! I am so happy for you guys!

A2 said...

Whaaaahooo!!
LOVE it!!

Bart & Krista said...

It's beautiful! LOVE your master bedroom! It's HUGE and I am 100% jealous! Congrats on a beautiful home.. it really is lovely!!!

TulsaT said...

It looks awesome. I am kinda crazy about the pool in the backyard.

Also, I ADORE corain. So much better than granite, so much more user friendly, LOVE it!

Shelly Cunningham said...

Holy moly! I love it! Your master bedroom is FABULOUS! I hope you can get all settled before Baby Boy arrives!

Alicia said...

Wow! It's amazing! So excited for you guys...and grateful for the reminder that home ownership actually DOES happen after many, many years in school :) Best of luck getting settled!

Kelli Burton said...

niiiiice. love that 2nd to last shot of the pool and palm trees. oh yeah.

can't wait to see this beauty and the awesome people that will live in it!

Brittnie said...

Looks awesome! Can't wait to come visit...sometime! LOVE your big huge kitchen!

alanna said...

Wow Em! Awesome photos! Your new house is gorgeous. Have fun settling in. :)

Laura said...

it's beautiful! I'm excited for you!

Kristi said...

This house is amazing! I want to see it in person! Congrats. Now you just need to find enough furniture to fill it up

Mari said...

Woo hoo the house looks great! You can add us to the list of people who cant wait to come visit and see it in person.

mommaj said...

The carpet and paint (so far) look really good. Your parents worked really hard, glad to hear about the child locks by the pool. Glad you are in. Let the decorating begin!

Becky said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you!

Kacy said...

Your house looks awesome!! I'm so excited for you guys! :)