Thursday, May 24, 2012

Currently

Reading: uh....I try to read at least one scripture everyday.  Does that count?  :)  "Me time" has not quite yet returned.  If Colby is sleeping, I'm sleeping too...or trying to keep the peace between the other two.

Looking forward to: Roommate Reunion!!!  I lived with 5 amazing girls throughout college, and we are reuniting here in Vegas in one week!  I'm so beyond excited to spend a few days having lots of girl time!

Stressing about: No real stress.  My life is so good.

Craving:  Something cold.  I would love for Sonic to build right up the road so I could get a cherry limeade right now!

Wanting: New clothes.  Or at least to branch back into old options in my wardrobe.  I'm fitting into most things again, but not everything.  And I pretty much live in a baggy t-shirt everyday because A)I'm nursing a baby A LOT, B) said baby is known to spit up A LOT (and spit up can ruin clothes, learned that with Reggie), and C) it's hot.

Proud of myself for: Exercising.  I've been cleared to exercise for 3 weeks now and while the weight isn't really coming off as quickly as I would like (is it too much to ask that 20 pounds fall off in one week?!), I still feel so much better if I start the day off with Jillian Michaels or some Zumba.

Wearing: Shorts and a t-shirt.  We had a doctor's appointment this morning so I wore a "real" shirt, but a certain baby did a chunky, stinky spit up all over my shoulder, arm, and the floor.  Whoopsy daisy.

Avoiding:  Meal planning.  I'm sick of what we eat.  I should get all pintrest-y and try something new, but I don't have the energy to go beyond our normal go to's.  What do you all eat during the week?

Sick of:  My kids fighting.  Wowzers.  They're soooo sweet.  And then they're soooo mean.  Poor Reggie's back has a big ol' scratch and wound from being bit by P while I was taking a shower the other day.  And I should count how many times I say to Reggie over the course of a day "We do not kick in our family."  Yikes.  I know their triggers.  I know they're reacting to change.  I know they're two and four and sometimes they just explode with emotion, but my heck!  I'm super over it.

Learning:  To function on interrupted sleep again.  Thankfully Colby is a great baby and sleeps pretty well.  I wrap him up around 9 and he is out until 2 ish.  He gets a new diaper, a feeding, and then I wrap him up again--oftentimes awake--and he puts himself back to sleep.  Unfortunately he wakes up every morning around 5 to have a massive poopy diaper.  You could set your watch to it.  :)  

Suffering from:  If you had asked me last week, I would have said not enough time with my husband.  I hand it to those who do the parenting thing alone.  Brandon really only gives about an hour and a half of assistance in a day, but that really helps!  This week, church and work obligations are not as intense and so it's all good.

Struggling with: ummm...dry skin?  I'm glad that that is my only struggle right now.  :)

Overcoming: The thoughts in my head that say "I'm fat" when I look at my belly.  I'm telling myself instead that "I'm soft."  Hence Zumba and Jillian.

Hoping to: Ge to the mall this weekend!  And with only Colby in tow.  Retail therapy please!

Excited for: My new dishes!  Mother's Day was nearly a bust at our house with church meetings and obligations for Brandon, but he pulled through by saying that although he didn't have a gift right on that day, he wanted me to go out and get new dishes.  So while he and Reggie went camping last weekend for Fathers and Sons, the rest of us went to the mall.  I picked out these adorable lime-ish green dishes.  It was quite the ordeal to get the heavy boxes from the display to the register.  Colby was strapped to me in the bjorn, I kicked P out of the stroller and made her walk, and then put the dishes in the stroller.  Then we paid and took the dishes to the car.  And then I did it all again cuz I wanted 8 place settings.  Where is customer service these days?  Surely some employee saw me, but apparently no one thought to help out. 

Relieved by: Colby's doctor appointment.  (And P's too.)  I feel so blessed to have healthy kids.  Colby weighed in at 12 lbs 14 oz and is 23 1/4 inches long.  To compare, Reggie was 13 lbs 15 oz and 23 inches and P was 13 lbs and 23 inches at the same age.

Splurging on: (Fingers crossed) New shoes.  I realized the other day that the only sandals I own are flip flops.  I'm a big girl.  I need some real sandals that aren't $2.50 Old Navy flip flops that turn my feet black because they're so old and dirty.  Fingers are crossed that the budget approves.  :)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Best of luck with the budget :) Glad to see that life is good at your house. If you figure out the fighting thing, let me know

mommaj said...

You deserve new dishes and new shoes and many trips to the mall. You are a great example of what a young lDS mother looks and ACTS like. Love you

alanna said...

Love this update Em. Can't wait to see you! :)