Reading: I just finished Meg Cabot's Airhead series. If you need a quick read and want to relive high school in a humorous way, pick up a Meg Cabot book.
Looking forward to: Our trip to Utah next week! My grandma is having a reunion, and I'm so excited to see cousins that I haven't seen since Grandpa's funeral almost 6 years ago.
Stressing about: Nothing. Life continues to be good.
Craving: Whatever I don't have to cook. It's way too hot to cook in Vegas in the summer.
Wanting: To finish painting the last couple rooms in the house. But we have no desire to pick up a paint brush again. I so wish there was a painting fairy who could finish the rooms, touch up the lines that we need to make on our rounded corners, paint the baseboards, and finish the doors.
Proud of myself for: Getting the kids in the pool almost everyday. It's a lot of work to take kids in the pool by myself, even when it's just in my backyard, but they love it. And I love watching them become more confident in the water.
Wearing: Shorts and a t-shirt. But my t-shirt isn't Brandon's or an old BYU shirt, and there's no spit up or snot anywhere. I would say I look presentable--especially since I did my hair and make up today.
Avoiding: Phone calls asking us to be Reggie's soccer coach next season. I've told them no because we really have too much going on, but I'm hoping someone else from the team will volunteer.
Sick of: Being sick. I've had this weird lingering cold for over a week. I wake up feeling terrible--all congested and with no voice. It's no bueno.
Learning: To sew a quilt. I signed myself up to make a humanitarian quilt for kids in the hospital. We'll see how it goes. :)
Suffering from: Oi. I suffer. :) Brandon decided to start exercising in the evenings, and I've been joining him. We've only done it twice, but my body is screaming in pain. I think I did something to my back and my left hamstring feels so tight. I don't think I've ever moaned in pain--not even when having babies--but I sure moaned in pain last night trying to get kids in bed while Brandon had a presidency meeting downstairs.
Struggling with: Cleaning my house. For reals. Can the painting fairy also be a cleaning fairy? I need one of those too.
Overcoming: Brandon's "bad" attitude towards Meatless Monday. The last recipe was deemed edible. That is a HUGE improvement.
Hoping to: Survive the rest of the summer months without $500 or more electric bills. Yikes!
Excited for: My birthday!!!
Relieved by: Prayer. :)
Splurging on: A pedicure. It's my birthday remember?
2 comments:
Please tell me you have Brandon doing Zumba :D and then please tell me you have a secret camera and are recording it!
I admire your willingness to exercise. I especially admire your willingness to do it with a spouse. I always feel so dumb when someone else is there. Enjoy that pedicure, birthday, and reunion. And heres for hoping that there are fairies out there!
Post a Comment