Monday, July 30, 2012

To Thwart My Pity Party

I remember one time my mom saying that we (being her kids) were touching her too much.  In honesty, this was probably directed at me--I was the touchy, cuddly kid, and I know she and my dad liked it most of the time.  At the time it was said, I didn't get it. 

Now, three kids later, I totally get it.

Today I'm feeling a little smothered.  I'm feeling a little unsatisfied.  My kids have had a crazy day, that was preceded by an even crazier night of sleep.  In fact, after getting up for the day from the smattering of sleep Reggie and Colby let me have last night, I thought to myself, "I'm going to be a grouchy mom today."  Thankfully, I wasn't too grouchy on the outside to my kids, but I'm grouchy on the inside. 

Today was the day that I wanted to change my name for just 15 minutes so I wouldn't have to be the one to answer when the little ones screamed bloody murder for "MOM!".

So in an effort "to thwart the pity party" that I really want to throw, I'm posting some of my favorite pictures of P--pictures that always, ALWAYS leave me smiling and glad for my three little ankle biters.

(And yes, they are pictures when she's not necessarily looking the most photogenic.  :)  Call me mean, but I get a hoot out of these puppies.)

Christmas Eve was apparently not a good photo op last year.





Some good, old fashioned bed head.


Yes, it's blurry, but there's her personality captured in one shot.


She may be spicy, but I love that little daughter of mine.



And straight hair P.



And I can't help but smile at the last picture.  Can you?

4 comments:

TulsaT said...

Yes, that last picture made me smile.

alanna said...

I know exactly what you mean Em. I've actually told my husband something like, "You think being around me is bad? You should hear my inner dialogue."
And you're right. Pictures totally make it better. That's why I take so many. :)

Kristi said...

Those pictures are adorable. My Mom always threatened to change her name and now I finally see why. Hope you were able to put them all down to bed early tonight and enjoy some time all to yourself...

mommaj said...

That sweet little Penny melts me! Love her hair straight and curly-- she looks really grown up in the last one . . . you can't let that happen--ever!