Tuesday, August 21, 2012

No Longer a Guest

I've had a friend say that it takes her about six months before she feels like a new baby is really part of the family.

I've been bonded to Colby since day one, but it has taken me some time to rewire my brain to the fact that there are now three little ducks in my nest.

And I sure love this little man.


 At a day shy of 5 months, Colby is still nursing like a pro.  We will probably add in baby food and cereal in the next little bit.  He doesn't seem to be suffering from hunger, so we'll kind of wait and see when he actually gets his first bite of cereal.


He loves to be sitting up.  He wants to be able to see what's going on, and Reggie and Penny are the best at making him laugh.  He also will roll from his tummy to his back if he's on the carpet.


He takes two naps a day.  He could probably take three, but I tend to get busy around 5:00 with making dinner and just forget.  He's a pretty happy camper though, and doesn't seem to mind too much.  With that said, he goes to bed early--around 7 or 7:30--and sleeps through the night until 4ish.  Then he has a ten minute snack and goes back to sleep until 6 or 6:30.  He is still sleeping in our room, but I'm about ready to kick him out.

Love you Col-bear!


2 comments:

Kristi said...

He is too cute! Seems like he is one happy little guy. I love that Penny and Reggie make him laugh- those laughs are the best!

mommaj said...

You forgot to mention that he is wearing "flops" already! That is so cute, wonder who the culpret is?
He is such a cute little guy, love those cheeks!