Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blogs

So I sometimes like to unwind by losing myself in blogs.  I'll pop in on NieNie or Rock Star Diaries, but I have three that I can really lose myself in, reading everything they ever posted.

The first is 71 Toes.  Her name is Shawni, and she's the mother of five.  If you want to know why the blog is called 71 Toes, pop over there and check out the story.  I love how in love she is with her life.  You can tell she is just a happy person trying to be the best wife and mother.  I especially like Fridays because she answers questions from her readers about nearly everything under the sun.  She's also an awesome photographer and has great pictures.

The second is Clover Lane.  Sarah is another woman who loves her role as a wife and mother.  Her blog is also very real--she talks openly about the ups and downs of everyday life, and I appreciate that.  And the woman just had her 6th baby on the same day (or early the next morning) that she dropped her oldest off at college.  For reals.

And lastly, Pursuits of Happiness is a blog I found back when Bloom was up and running.  I think I've read every single post on this blog.  This woman is amazing, and she is raising amazing children.  Read with tissues--lots and lots of tissues--especially as her last few entries have been reflections on her husband's untimely death from brain cancer.

So now that I've mentioned a few, what blogs do you get lost in? 

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love http://colormekatie.blogspot.com/ . Nothing profound, just a cheery little blog that makes me want to be more creative:)

Erin said...

Thanks for sharing these Emily. I always enjoy a good blog find and last night when I read your post I clicked on the last one you mentioned, Pursuits of Happiness, and definitely got lost in her story last night and some this morning. I had puffy eyes this morning from crying. What an amazing women and story and her writing and pictures are wonderful. So, maybe some of your favorites will become some of my new ones that I have to go back and read the whole story on! Thanks for sharing!

Brooke said...

i LOVE 71 toes. it's a favorite of mine. i'll have to check out the others you recommended. another favorite of mine is http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/